Jason Law's Reviews > A Patriot's History of the United States: From Columbus's Great Discovery to the War on Terror

A Patriot's History of the United States by Larry Schweikart

M_50x66
May 10, 12

Read from February 18 to 29, 2012

Really 3.5 stars actually, simply because Larry and Michael were good writers and I enjoyed the flow of history they presented.

However, the book read at times like a propaganda piece for the Republican party. The obvious slant in the authors' presentation rendered the book near worthless from an educational, historical or informational standpoint. (I may be wrong but I think of all the Democrat presidents, only two seemed to be viewed favourably, possibly because of the somewhat 'Republican' views these held). Personally for me, having recently read Naomi Klein's 'The Shock Doctrine', many of the views held by the authors also left a bad aftertaste. I would recommend others interested in the book to loan it from a library but am not sure it's worth a buy. Nonetheless, these remain just my personal views.

At the time I was writing this review, I was already at Chapter 20. That's somewhere around the 85% mark towards completion of the book so I hope I was able to provide a more or less informed opinion about it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Patriot's History of the United States.