Pauline's Reviews > A Clash of Kings

A Clash of Kings by George R.R. Martin

Feb 18, 2012

liked it
Read from February 25 to December 22, 2012

Liked it, but not as much as the first one.
I had several loooong breaks in my reading.
Maybe too many long battles in this one. It is not that I don't like battles, but I had a feeling that they were described too much in details and that they were prepared during a long time before we even had the battles.
Also, I quite like the Winterfell environment, and the Stark family, and what happens to every one of them is so... well I won't spoil.
I will probably not start the third book now. I will wait a little.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Clash of Kings.

03/28/2012 page 117
12.0% "Needed some time to find the motivation to start the book (quite an important number of pages...), but now, just can't stop reading. I want to know what happens next!"
04/08/2012 page 323
42.0% "I really like this book, even if there are some characters I want to read the story more than others. I have a feeling that a large number of chapters I just read are about Arya and Tyrion... which are not the characters I want to know the most about. Tyrion is ok, but I do not really like Arya. There are so many characters for which I want to know what will happen next!"
08/29/2012 page 547
72.0% "I took a break in my reading. Quite a big break in fact, around 3 months. Watching season 2 and reading the book at the same time was a little too much. I read other books meantime, in order to change style a little."
show 3 hidden updates…