Janina's Reviews > Almost

Almost by Anne Eliot

Feb 26, 2012

did not like it
bookshelves: contemporary, young-adult-fiction, romance, abandoned

Okay. A few quick reason why I didn't like this, but bear in mind that I only read the first few chapters, then skimmed ahead and read the second half of the book.

- The over-use of italics at the beginning almost drove me nuts.

- I was bored after the first few chapters and decided to skip ahead.

- Didn't really connect with the characters and some aspects just didn't quite fit. For example: The heroine doesn't sleep at night because of the nightmares that plague her, but tries to squeeze in a few naps during the day. Yet, she also has nightmares then. The point, I ask?

- Simply too much dramarama, declarions of hate then love, making easy things hard for my taste.

- (view spoiler)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Almost.

6.0% "Why italicize every tenth word?? Arghhh!"
06/27 marked as: abandoned

message 1: by oliviasbooks (new)

oliviasbooks Okay. I'll delete it from my Kindle.

Nicole Hewitt Just one little note about the sleeping during the day thing - Jess normally never had her nightmares during the day, only when it was dark. But then, toward the end of the book, she suddenly starts having them during the day as well (which freaks her out, of course). I can see how that would be confusing if you only read the beginning and end of the book!

Zunaira Ghazal totally agree with most of it.

message 4: by Faye (new)

Faye That's the thing with ptsd it has certain things that trrigger it and it's explained in the book that what she has and the sleeping at night is what triggers hers because that is when the almost raped happen. She starts having them during the day only after she hangs out with gray which was triggering for her because he was there that night even though she doesn't remember it.... It was a great book but it would have sucked for me to if I skipped to the end like that..