Debi Ash's Reviews > The Wolf Gift

The Wolf Gift by Anne Rice

Feb 21, 12

Read from February 17 to 21, 2012

Awaiting an epic tale from one of the greatest authors of our time was worth it. I won't go over the plot or provide a synopsis in this review; that is provided somewhere else. I will express my joy at having Ms. Rice back in all her prose and poetic glory. This book starts a little slow, but I believe it was just getting use to her style of writing again-because no one writes like Anne. The main character is so unlike Lestat some readers may be disappointed; give Reuben a chance. Here I ponder if Ms. Rice has a new love in her life. I hope so; she deserves to share her thoughts with someone. Forgive me, I wandered there! The book is full of rich characters and there are many directions this could go if she makes it a series. I foretell a rich history of Felix and his merry band of adventurer friends, a great love story unfolding between several characters (no names, I don't want to spoil it for anyone), and yes - the underlying question is there; is there really a God and if so, what are its plans for humanity. I could go on forever about my love for this book- but I will turn it over to the next reader. Just let me leave you with this. Whatever led Anne to write this book is a good thing for her fans- I predict it will become another epic tale equal to Lestat's legacy.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Wolf Gift.

02/18/2012
02/21/2012
98.0% "A true testament to how good a book is? I hit 98% a day ago and I can't bring myself to read the last 2% because I don't want it to end!"