Ursula Florene's Reviews > The Museum of Innocence

The Museum of Innocence by Orhan Pamuk

Feb 25, 12

Read from February 17 to 25, 2012

Probably the worst book I've ever read.

I like Orhan Pamuk's works since I read My Name Is Red , and I've been looking for his works after then. When I saw this book, and the title,I thought that this might be a good book. But I'm wrong.

The story was just about an obsessed man, Kemal, wtih his lover Fusun, and their forbidden love. The book mostly consists of Kemal's exaggerated obsession of Fusun, which makes this book disgusting. Maybe Orhan Pamuk tried to make this story as a pure innocent complicated love story, which will touch the readers heart to pity the main character, as he can't be one with his 'true love'.

Instead of be touched, I felt disgusted. Severely disgusted. I can't pity the main character, seriously. Kemal is the worst main character I've ever read.

The story is written still with Pamuk style, a lot of detail,and himself as a character in this novel. Maybe because I've hated the story since the beginning, the story became very boring. I can't stand it to the last page, not to mention to finish it...

I like Orhan Pamuk, I love My Name Is Red but Museum of Innocence is just sucks. no other word to describe it other than sucks.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Museum of Innocence.