Jadi Cedonia's Reviews > The Secret Diaries of Miss Miranda Cheever

The Secret Diaries of Miss Miranda Cheever by Julia Quinn

Feb 18, 12

bookshelves: historical, romance, regency-victorian
Read from February 17 to 18, 2012

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Secret Diaries of Miss Miranda Cheever.

Quotes Jadi Cedonia Liked

Julia Quinn
“Society is capricious and rewards the bad as often as the good. But it never rewards the quiet.”

Julia Quinn
“Oh, very well, do you want to know why I really think you should keep a journal?"
She nodded.
"Because someday you're going to grow into yourself, and you will be as beautiful as you already are smart.”

Julia Quinn
“Miranda was nineteen. Her experience with men consisted of Winston and himself. Both of whom had
heretofore been brotherly figures. The poor girl must be confused as hell. Winston had suddenly decided
that she was Venus, Queen Elizabeth, and the Virgin Mary all rolled into one,and Turner had all but
forced himself on her. Not exactly an average day in the life of a young country miss”

Julia Quinn
“Now I want you to listen to me," he said in a low voice, taking her chin in his hand and forcing her to look at him. "And listen carefully, because I'm only going to say this once. You are going to marry me before this week is out. Since you have conveniently run off to Scotland, we don't need a special license. You're just lucky I don't haul you off to a church right this instant. Get yourself a dress and get yourself some flowers, because, sweeetheart, you're getting yourself a new name.”