Tricia Schneider's Reviews > Fate Fixed: An Erris Coven Novel

Fate Fixed by Bonnie Erina Wheeler

Feb 21, 12

bookshelves: 2012-challenge-books, e-book, pnr, romance, vampires, werewolves, young-adult
Read from February 17 to 21, 2012 — I own a copy

If GoodReads had a 3 ½ star rating, I’d choose that for this story. I really liked this book, but there were a few things that held me back from giving it a higher rating. Now, of course, this is my opinion and others may feel differently.

One of the things that bothered me was the info dump at the beginning. Lexie reflects what has happened in the past year of her life to get readers up to speed on the storyline. It felt a little slow and forced there, but then went warp speed when Lexie and Torin kiss within moments of meeting each other. Their relationship was beautiful (I love the fated destiny) but at that moment, she doesn’t know about his world or anything at all about him, and it seemed a little unbelievable for her to act in such a way.

Other than that, the story line was excellent. The plot was interesting and compelling. And I enjoyed meeting the characters and learning about their families, life and friends. Torin’s anguish over the future and Lexie’s worry over her mother and sister really pulled at my heart. And the mystery surrounding Lexie’s new step-family kept me turning the pages. I really wanted to know how Lexie would deal with them, their secrets, and their extremely odd behaviors.

Despite the very few drawbacks, this novel was entertaining. It is filled with mystery, horror and romance, as well as some great action scenes, an intoxicating blend for this paranormal romance reader. The synopsis pulled me in with its mysterious description of the story and the cover art is beautiful. I would like to read more of this author’s work, especially the future books of this series.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fate Fixed.