Jody's Reviews > Late for the Wedding

Late for the Wedding by Amanda Quick

Feb 17, 2012

bookshelves: historical-fiction
Read in February, 2012

I bought this book at a resale shop, not realizing it was number 3 in the series. This historical fiction was a very smooth read and was not hindered at all by the fact that I had not read books 1 & 2, Slightyly Shady and Don't Look Back. I will definitely read them. This is the story of Tobias March and Laviavia set in Great Britain. They try to get away from London for a tryst at a castle. This is apparently very common and somewhat sanctioned and acceptable for the widowed. They unfortunately are almost witness to a murder and Lativia's inability to hold her tongue, gets them evicted from the castle before breakfast. Quite the scandle! Things are furthur complicated by Lativia's finding Tobias in the arms of a former acquaintance, Aspacia Gray. There is a lot of mystery and suspense regarding murders by Aspacia's former partner. There are other sideplots with Anthony and Emeline, as well as Lady Dove and Lord Vale. This is great historical fiction. However, I found the title of the book to be misleading.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Late for the Wedding.