Jess the Romanceaholic's Reviews > Hotter on the Edge

Hotter on the Edge by Erin Kellison

This is a Quickie Review. For the full review, please visit The Romanceaholic.

Expected Release Date: February 2, 2012 (Available Now!)
Publisher: Self-Published
Imprint: N/A
My Source for This Book: Smashwords (Gift from the author - KC Klein)

All That Glitters by Erin Kellison

Author’s Website: http://erinkellison.com/
Part of a Series: No
Series Best Read In Order: N/A
Steam Level: Steamy

Overall, I really enjoyed this one. Having never read anything by Erin Kellison, I wasn’t exactly sure what to expect, but the fast pacing, captivating world-building, and delicious chemistry between the protagonists quickly had me hooked. As of right now, this story is a standalone, but I for one am sincerely hoping that it is expanded on in the future.
4.5/5 Stars

To Buy a Wife by KC Klein

Author’s Website: http://www.kckleinbooks.com
Part of a Series: Set in the same world as Dark Future
Series Best Read In Order: Probably, but worked well as a standalone.
Steam Level: Hot

I’m a huge fan of Ms. Klein’s universe from Dark Future, so I actually picked up this anthology for this story alone. One thing I love about her writing is that she’s not afraid to push the limits of what might be “comfortable” to read, and instead explores the very dark side to what is turning out to be a very intriguing dystopian world.

While it was a bit painful for me to read the love scene due to the exhibitionism and forced nudity, I know that this was intentional — this world is not supposed to be comfortable, and it’s absolutely not. Women are treated as commodities and possessions, corrupt leaders (called Elders) control absolutely everything, and the individual people in society are left quite powerless. It’s a world that is absolutely ripe for revolution, and I’m highly anticipating future installments to the series.

A very solid 4/5 Stars.

Enslaved by Starlight by Jessa Slade

Author’s Website: http://jessaslade.wordpress.com/
Part of a Series: No
Series Best Read In Order: N/A
Steam Level: Steamy

I have never had the pleasure of reading any of Jessa Slade’s books before, but I can promise you, this novella will not be my last. I wasn’t quite sure, going into this story, whether or not it would be something I would enjoy — after all, “trained” lovers simply aren’t my thing in romances. However, I’m very glad I gave it a chance, because I soon fell not only for Corso and Benedetta, but for the entire world Ms. Slade had created.
Full of subtle nuances and a horrifying betrayal, Enslaved By Starlight was easily one of my favorites in this anthology.
4/5 Stars

All three of these stories were well-edited, and none of them had a stereotypical “indie” feel to them, even though they were technically self-published. I know that a lot of readers tend to shy away from self-published titles for this reason, and wanted to reassure my readers that all three of these stories were high quality, not just in their storylines, but also in the technical aspects as well.

I highly recommend this anthology to any fan of sci-fi romance — all three stories were fast-paced, full of beautiful world-building, and highly romantic.

A wonderfully solid 4/5 Stars
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hotter on the Edge.