Book Nerd's Reviews > I Have Lived a Thousand Years: Growing Up in the Holocaust

I Have Lived a Thousand Years by Livia Bitton-Jackson

This book is really good I loved it even tho it made me want to cry at some points, I still loved it. This book is the complete opposite of Anne Frank, This book is so well written I couldn't put it down, I had to read this for a school project in 8th grade, I thought it was really interesting to hear about Elli's life in a concentration camp, all the horrible things that happen to the Jews at that time in history. But if you like Anne Frank's story than you are really going to like this one.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read I Have Lived a Thousand Years.

Quotes Book Nerd Liked

“Reading my personal accountI believe you feel-you-will know that the Holocaust was neither a legend nor Hollywood fiction but a lesson for the future! ”
Livia Bitton-Jackson, I Have Lived a Thousand Years: Growing Up in the Holocaust

“My stories are of gas chambers, shootings, electrified fences, torture, scorching sun, mental abuse, and constant threat of death.
But they are also stories of faith, hope, triumph, and love. They are stories of perseverance, loyalty, courage in the face of overwhelming odds, and of never giving up!”

“What is death all about? What is life all about?”