Megan (Megan Likes Books)'s Reviews > The Last Condo Board of the Apocalypse

The Last Condo Board of the Apocalypse by Nina Post

Mar 05, 12

Read from February 17 to 29, 2012

Please don't read this book if you don't have a sense of humour. The people who will enjoy this book the most are those people with a zany, off-kilter sense of humour.

I really loved the idea of this book. A bunch of fallen angels and monsters trying to exist within the confines of a condo. Having recently moved to a condo for the first time and now having to deal with condo regulations etc, I can see where this could become very funny. Add a kick-butt female lead and a whole lotta random and you have the Last Condo Board of the Apocalypse in a nutshell.

For me, the first half of this book was a bit slow and maybe distracted, but it picked up steam in the 2nd half (the really turning point takes place in a periodontal clinic). It was a little too random for my taste, but if that's your style, you will love it!

My favourite part of the book was the Single Purpose Angels (SPs). They are so adorable! And they sure do love them some Cluck Snacks! They have one purpose and one purpose only, to which they are entirely devoted, such as HVAC systems or the 3 o'clock hour.

Also, the author, Nina Post, is super cool, so check her out on twitter!

Favourite Scene:

The scene where Kelly and Af ride the elevator up and down repeatedly while drinking margaritas.

Favourite Character:

Tubiel, single purpose angel of returning small pet birds to their owners and all-around cutie!
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Last Condo Board of the Apocalypse.