Yogini Jhingan's Reviews > Two Truths and a Lie

Two Truths and a Lie by Sara Shepard

Feb 17, 2012

Read in February, 2012

I love the Lying Game series and was eagerly awaiting this book. I like how the story unfolds here and we get to see even further into Sutton's memories. Although I'd wish the next books brings even more answers and flashbacks. What I really like is how dimensional all these characters are, specially Thayer. This is by far my favorite Lying Game book till now. However, in this book I feel there was something really off about Ethan. I know how it's being shown towards the end that Laurel might've been behind Sutton's death and if that's true then it's horrible for Emma because she'd let Laurel off the hook before because of her alibi. Yes, sure she had motive but then there just is something about Ethan, I can't explain it but he seems guilty of something. Won't it be so like Sara Shephard to make Ethan the real perpetrator? The one that Emma trusted oh so easily? How could he be the only one to catch on to Emma when her family, friends and even her dog believed she was Sutton? He's not even showed to be that close to Sutton and the fact that he was pranked by Sutton and her friends further makes him more suspicious. Also, there seems to something fishy going on with Mr. Mercer as well, specially with whatever it is between Thayer and him and when towards the end he just immediately leaves like that. I'm guessing the next book could just might include Emma's dilemma between Thayer and Ethan considering the end of this book. I absolutely love the ending I must add. Cannot wait for Lying Games # 4.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Two Truths and a Lie.

11/13/2016 marked as: read

Aayushi I suspected Ethan as well! My suspicions were so deep that I decided to re-read parts of the first book and I'm not completely sure but he's definitively on my suspect list.

message 2: by Victoria (new) - added it

Victoria Aayushi wrote: "I suspected Ethan as well! My suspicions were so deep that I decided to re-read parts of the first book and I'm not completely sure but he's definitively on my suspect list."

ethan might have been the person following sutton and thayer the night he got ran over because remember sutton said a guy called her name she didnt recongnize the voice though seems pretty suspicious to me

D.M. Omar Victoria wrote: "Aayushi wrote: "I suspected Ethan as well! My suspicions were so deep that I decided to re-read parts of the first book and I'm not completely sure but he's definitively on my suspect list."

ethan..."

Yeah and Sutton says that Thayer might have seen Sutton's killer when he ran Thayer over. And that could have been the reason why Ethan ran away when Thayer came to the Mercer house because Thayer probably saw him.

message 4: by A (new)

A I think it's Ethan too!!!!!!! I'm glad people agree!!

Aayushi Did you guys find anymore evidence from the latest book (cross my heart hope to die)? I hope the series finishes at 6 books so that I can stop obsessing over who it is haha. :)