Margaret's Reviews > Divergent

Divergent by Veronica Roth

Mar 14, 12

bookshelves: 12-new-authors, ntoya-march, divergent
Read from March 13 to 14, 2012

Can I just say that I absolutely ADORED this book. OMG I seriously adored the story of this book. I didn't know what to make of the book, especially since some of the most hyped books are ones that I can't stand.

I wasn't quite sure what to make of the story for the first couple chapters, but after that point, I was absolutely and completely hooked. I can not wait for the next book now!

I found this story to be along the lines of the Hunger Games, so if you enjoyed the those books, I think you'll like Divergent.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Divergent.

Quotes Margaret Liked

Veronica Roth
“Sometimes crying or laughing are the only options left, and laughing feels better right now.”
Veronica Roth, Divergent

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Jennifer Ok - is it as intense as the Hunger Games - because I need a light read right now. LOL

Margaret Jennifer wrote: "Ok - is it as intense as the Hunger Games - because I need a light read right now. LOL"

It's a bit lighter, I think. It's got some pretty intense moments, but not as intense.

Jennifer Because, it was really hard for me to get through some parts of the Hunger Games. The whole premise of kids killing kids, just got to me a lot...

Margaret Jennifer wrote: "Because, it was really hard for me to get through some parts of the Hunger Games. The whole premise of kids killing kids, just got to me a lot..."

I know what you mean. That's one thing I liked about this - while there is violence and they characters are 16-18 and adults, there's no "you have to kill each other in order to win"

Jennifer Ok - I can handle that. When Rue died in the Hunger Games, I soooooooooobbed.

Margaret Jennifer wrote: "Ok - I can handle that. When Rue died in the Hunger Games, I soooooooooobbed."

You and me both! Death here has a purpose. It's not death for the sake of death or for the sake of a game.

Jennifer I gotcha - well... I'll let you know what I think. :) Sounds like a very interesting topic for a book!