Sophia's Reviews > Midnight Rising

Midnight Rising by Lara Adrian

Feb 17, 12

bookshelves: pnr-uf
Read in February, 2012

** spoiler alert ** The story arc on this particular Breed Warrior has been building from book one and I was excited to see that Rio was finally getting the prime time attention. I knew his story would be a doozy and it was. I had high expectations and I was not disappointed.

Rio was betrayed by his breed mate in book one and her betrayal hurt him emotionally as well as physically. He will always bare the external scars and he is experiencing traumatic brain injury and PTSD symptoms. He looks on himself as a useless and dangerous monster now so at the beginning of the story he seeks to kill himself.
But-
Dylan a beautiful woman who happens to be a reporter for one of those rag newspapers stumbles on a Breed secret. She manages to get pictures and tell a few people which sets the action in motion. Dylan has a secret gift- she can see and hear ghosts. This is what leads her to the cavern where Rio and secret he is supposed to cover up are found.
Rio knows that he must finish the mission of stopping the press leak that Dylan caused before he can get back to his own personal issues. He has to bring her with him to keep her from talking and in the process discovers she is a breed mate.
The rest of the book is the story of Rio and Dylan's relationship that must surmount so much. But that is what makes it so beautiful.

The plot is thickened by the revelation of a new powerful enemy that makes Marek look like an amateur. He has had many years to work on his plan and he'll settle for nothing less than world domination. The only thing in his way are the breed warriors and their few allies.

So exciting! I cannot wait for the next installment.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Midnight Rising.