Laura Ritchie's Reviews > Are You There Blog? It's Me, Writer?

Are You There Blog? It's Me, Writer? by Kristen Lamb

Mar 12, 12

bookshelves: writing, writing-help, fabulous, non-fiction
Read from February 28 to March 05, 2012

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Are You There Blog? It's Me, Writer?.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Laura Ritchie This was another great writer's help by Kristen Lamb. There were some changes from the last book, "We Are Not Alone: A Writer's Guide To Social Media". One big change was dropping Myspace as a recommended avenue for promotion. Also, some info from WANA is repeated in this book, but that was to be expected as the author is trying to present the material in an organized manner. All in all, it is well written, with insights that are easy to understand. And Ms. Lamb's spunky sense of humor makes the whole learning experience very entertaining.

If you are a writer looking at the prospect of building a platform, and that idea leaves you feeling like a deer caught in the headlights of an oncoming car, then these books are just what you need. They have done much to lessen my fear of social media, to teach me how to connect with the audience my writing is geared to, and to beginning those important first steps toward building a brand.

I highly recommend this book to any writer, published or not, interested in finding an audience for their work.