Sam's Reviews > The Golden Lily

The Golden Lily by Richelle Mead

Click here to check out how I felt after reading The Golden Lily

The Golden Lily is one of the most highly anticipated books of this year! Richelle Mead never fails to deliver something new, exciting and unpredictable. Fans will not be disappointed.

Welcome back to the world of Moroi (vampire) and Strigoi (evil monsters)! In this book there's more action, more character development and, most importantly, more romance! For those of you who have not read the Vampire Academy series then I wouldn't recommend you the Bloodlines series just yet. The Bloodlines series is the spin-off series to Vampire Academy, so definitely go and read VA first!

I really enjoyed the main character, Sydney Sage. She has grown and developed so much since the first time we met her in the Vampire Academy series and first getting a glimpse inside her head in Bloodlines. Her eyes and mind have been opened to new possibilities and beliefs. In Bloodlines, Sydney wasn't the easiest character to relate to. The way she thought, her actions and her uptight personality could put anyone off, but overtime you do get used to it and even see that there is something deeper.

Sydney also has an unhealthy obsession with dieting. After being around skinny, beautiful Moroi vampires, she worries and obsesses over everything she eats. To be honest, I think I would feel a bit insecure if I was standing next to my friend who was pretty and skinny no matter what she eats. I would want to lose wait, be like her. Luckily there is someone who appreciates Sydney just the way she is...

Adrian Ivashkov! In Bloodlines he was annoying, rude with moments of brilliance, but in The Golden Lily? He was just too hot. We see a lot more of the positive in him that we only had a few glimpses of in Bloodlines. He's funny, thoughtful, protective and determined. However, I can sum him up in one word: confused. Of course that's all explained at the end.

I recommend you start reading Richelle Mead's books RIGHT NOW! Her writing is incredibly addictive and engaging. Everything felt realistic; the characters, the scenes, the dilemmas. I couldn't stand to put this book down for even one second.

The Golden Lily is a beautifully written book that will keep readers entertained until the very end. Action, mystery and romance all mashed up into this thrilling sequel that will satisfy Richelle Mead fans everywhere.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Golden Lily.

Quotes Sam Liked

Richelle Mead
“You need me? You yell. You want to leave? We go. I'll get you out of here, no matter what.”

Richelle Mead
“Adrian, I'm on a date. Why are you here? On my car?”

Richelle Mead
“You made your own jean shorts...with a butter knife?”

Richelle Mead
“Too bad you got so bogged down in books. You've got the spirit of a warrior.”