Michele Boyd's Reviews > Fifty Shades of Grey

Fifty Shades of Grey by E.L. James

Jun 30, 14

I can't believe I found this book through a Pinterest link. The link wasn't even to the book, but to a supposed photo of what the main male character Christian Grey looks like.

This is totally what Al Gore envisioned when he invented the internet.

I had no idea what to expect when I started reading this book. I went through my romance novel phase when I was 16, and based on the reviews I thought there was a good chance this would be more of the same.

It wasn't.

Plot-wise, there isn't too much to this book as it's primarily just about the developing relationship between Anastasia and Christian. But man is it hot. For those outside the BDSM community (like me), it seemed like a fairly good representation of the relationship between a Dom and Sub. This is also the only one out of the trilogy that I would consider reading again. I read through the second book and the first few chapters of the third, but the subsequent books just didn't hold a candle to the initial discovery phase of this first one. Basically an easy read, and dark fun :)