Christina's Reviews > The Truth About Forever

The Truth About Forever by Sarah Dessen

F_50x66
Feb 17, 12

bookshelves: to-read

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Truth About Forever.

Quotes Christina Liked

Sarah Dessen
“It's all in the view. That's what I mean about forever, too. For any one of us our forever could end in an hour, or a hundred years from now. You never know for sure, so you'd better make every second count.”

Sarah Dessen
“That was the thing. You never got used to it, the idea of someone being gone. Just when you think it's reconciled, accepted, someone points it out to you, and it just hits you all over again, that shocking.”

Sarah Dessen
“Shoulda, coulda, woulda. It's so easy in the past tense. ”

Sarah Dessen
“But I'd long ago learned not to be picky in farewells. They weren't guaranteed or promised.
You were lucky, more than blessed, if you got a good-bye at all.”

Sarah Dessen
“Some people, they can't just move on, you know, mourn and cry and be done with it. Or at least seem to be. But for me... I don't know. I didn't want to fix it, to forget. It wasn't something that was broken. It's just...something that happened. And like that hole, I'm just finding ways, every day, of working around it. Respecting and remembering and getting on at the same time. ”

Sarah Dessen
“It was just one of those things," I said, "You know, that just happen. You don't think or plan. You just do it.”

Sarah Dessen
“the truth about forever is that it is happening right now”