Miss GP's Reviews > Tender Is the Night

Tender Is the Night by F. Scott Fitzgerald

Dec 20, 13

Read from February 17 to 28, 2012

This is one of those books that I find difficult to review. I sooo love Fitzgerald's writing, it's absolutely beautiful. Reading any of his novels is a joy from the standpoint of observing how this author uses language. The scenes he creates are vivid, seeming to evoke time and place effortlessly. His characters, too, are so... real. I admired Tender is the Night greatly from a technical aspect.

However, when reading Tender is the Night I found it really difficult to care about the time, place, characters or the situations in which they found themselves. I think truly loving a novel requires some sense of connection with some aspect of it (characters, setting, etc.), and I never really formed that attachment.

I'd rate this a five for writing, three for overall enjoyment... and so it evens out to a good solid four.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tender Is the Night.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Susanna - Censored by GoodReads Yeah, I had great difficulty in assigning this one a rating. The quality of the writing much outclassed the story itself.