Romancing the Book's Reviews > Love Never Fails

bookshelves: chick-lit, contemporary, romance
Read in February, 2012

Reviewed By~JoAnne
Review Copy Provided By~Author

This was an easy to read story that grabbed my interest from the beginning. It was about lost and reunited love and second chances as well as the bonds of family and was set in a small town that could have been anywhere. There were some chuckles, tension filled moments, love and lots of romance - some of it steamy at times. I enjoyed the give and take between the characters especially between Reid and Caroline but also between Reid and Ross. It was nice to see the love shared by Reid and Caroline grow and deepen throughout the book. It was easy to feel the love the brothers shared and how important each was to the other. There were several happily ever afters that took lots of twists and turns to get to. Some were predictable and others weren't. I like the way the author filled in the gaps of what happened during the five years Caroline was away as well as what drove her away. I had read and enjoyed "Kinfolk" by this author previously so I was looking forward to this book. I wasn't disappointed and look forward to reading other books by Sontheimer Murphy in the future.

Favorite Quote: "I'm okay," Reid said. He put his hand in the center of his chest. "That is, except for this pain I've had right here for about five years now. A deep, burning pain that never went away. Today though, it feels just a little bit better."

She inhaled sharply, panicked at the idea of him having chest pains and then realized his heart trouble was romantic, not medical. Without analyzing it or planning what she'd say, she leaned forward.
"Maybe this will help it heal."

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Love Never Fails.