Kate's Reviews > The Wood Queen

The Wood Queen by Karen Mahoney

Mar 28, 12

Read from March 22 to 25, 2012

This book has an equally gorgeous cover, one that enabled me to visualise Donna’s tattoos easily – whenever I was struggling to imagine them I just took a look at the cover!

Donna is as strong and determined in this book as she was in the first, and this time she is starting to discover more about her own power. She meets some really interesting new characters, discovers even more lies and questions some of her existing friendships as again she struggles to save someone she loves.

Donna’s relationships with Navin and Xan continued to intrigue me in this book and something happens at the end of this book that is definitely going to complicate things for her, I look forward to seeing how things turn out.

I really enjoyed the whole story, it was really different and well written, however it didn’t grip me like other books have done – I found that I was happy to put the book down to pick up at another time and this is unusual for me. When I did pick it back up though, I had no problems getting back into it and remembering all the characters so I can’t say that it affected my enjoyment of the book.

This is a dark and magical story with many interesting elements that will keep you guessing.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Wood Queen.

03/25/2012 page 228