Jay Krow's Reviews > Wool

Wool by Hugh Howey

Feb 17, 12

Read on February 17, 2012

I'd been hearing about this story from different people for quite some time. Everyone that I knew who had read it absolutely loved it. So I finally decided to give it a shot, and man am I glad I did. First let me say I've never really been into the dystopian stories. Other than 1984, which I think everyone should read at least once, I don't really remember reading that many from this genre. That may have to change after reading Wool. It wasn't just the story that reeled me in, it was the writing. Howey's words float from the page-or in this case from my Kindle screen-in a way that makes reading more akin to having a daydream rather than reading a book. His prose is almost poetic, not a single wasted word.

The story itself was fantastic. I never saw the ending coming, but when I realized what was happening I actually felt bad for the MC. I'll definitely be reading more from Mr. Howey. This is one of those stories that stays with you for a while. It churns in your gut and in your brain, and screams out for attention.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wool.