Patrick's Reviews > A Christmas Blizzard

A Christmas Blizzard by Garrison Keillor

Feb 16, 12

Read in February, 2012

Just finished listening to this on audiobook.

Simply said, I enjoyed it. It was a funny, quirky, tongue-in-cheek little Christmas story.

What I especially liked is that it's a Christmas story that is also making fun of the the cliche of Christmas stories. Hence the tongue-in-cheekness.

What's even better, is that it's *not* another version of A Christmas Carol. Huzzah for someone doing something new.

If you show up expecting a Lake Wobegon story, I can see how people would be disappointed. But taken for what it is, I think it's a lot of fun.

I should admit that I'm a huge Garrison Keillor fan, and I love his reading voice. If they sold CD's of him reading a phonebook, I'd probably buy a set and really enjoy them.

6 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Christmas Blizzard.

message 1: by Daniel (new)

Daniel Goldberg I know what you mean by loving Garrison's voice. My wife took me to A Prairie Home Companion for my birthday at the Fitzgerald Theatre in St. Paul. I have listened to him on NPR countless times before but watching him live was amazing. The thing I remember most, which is a little weird, was when he was reading the advertisements. He was just flipping through notecards but it sounded so smooth and perfect you would have thought he spent a week rehearsing.

Patrick Yeah. He's been doing it for so long, he's smooth as silk by now. It's amazing to watch...

Robert Daniel And meeting him after the show was even more awesome. He was nice enough to autograph all the books I brought with me to the theatre.