Netanella's Reviews > Hunted

Hunted by Evangeline Anderson

Mar 10, 12

bookshelves: sci-fi-romance
Read on March 10, 2012

** spoiler alert ** I really wanted to love this book, and parts of it I really did enjoy tremendously. The story is great - the race of Scourge, and the enigmatic character of the AllFather's son, Xairn. Sylvan is also a great character, and the scenes on his home planet, Tranq, are hilarious and remind me of Anderson's great use of humor in some of her earlier novels. Also, Anderson makes great use of Sex as the Great Rescuer, for whatever ails you, be it a rash, a cut or scrape, a pack of wild, mutant dogs after your scent, or even a fatal disease known as Blood Fever. I love this about her books, and find it quite humorous.

However, and this is a BIG however, Sophie is just one WHINY piece of work. She's scared of sex, needles, fangs, blood, dogs, open spaces, small spaces, big men, big penises, alien food, alien contact, anything that moves, etc., etc.

Where are the strong female lead characters that can do this series some just? Liv, Sophie, and now, I think, Kat from the third book, are the triumvirate of pussified, whiney pansies. What a waste of female.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hunted.