Parvathy's Reviews > Caught

Caught by Harlan Coben

Feb 17, 2012

bookshelves: broken-characters, conspiracy-theories, expected-more, glued-till-the-last-page, movie-material, murder-mysteries, strong-females, thrillers
Recommended to Parvathy by: goodreads
Recommended for: mystery ,thrillers
Read on February 16, 2012 , read count: 1

Definitely a book that will keep you guessing till the end. In some of my recent reviews I have written about books in the same genre, I mentioned the fact that nothing seems to surprise me any more in these book and that everything has become so predictable. I was beginning to loose faith in this genre and was developing serious reservations about picking up another book of similar theme but that's all changed now.I am glad to say that HARLAN COBEN has turned around my earlier convictions by delivering a book that is an edge of a seat thriller that which as predictable as predicting who will be the President of America in 2040??(Lame analogy..I Know but true nevertheless). The story is convincing and the mystery believable. On one account I must say I could predict the outcome because if it had been any other way it would have been sad.

Let's go in to the story here. A typical over achieving teenager,Haley McWaid goes missing from her home. Her a community and parents devastated by her lose. A stunning and resourceful TV reporter,Wendy Tynes runs an expose to bring sexual predators to the limelight and justice. Her latest victim a renowned social worker Dan Mercer. But after turning Dan's life upside down Wendy comes to have second thoughts about her actions only to have Dan murdered in front of her by the grieving parent of one of his victims. After bring an earlier demise in to Dan's life plan Wendy cannot shake off the feeling that she has indeed condemned an innocent man to death and there is more to his story than what meets the eye. Thus begins her investigations in to the life of Dan Mercer, the orphan boy and product of foster care system. Along the way shocking revelations are made which includes links to the kidnapping of Haley McWaid.
The scenario of course is fairly typical but the story has more twists and turns than anything you can imagine. It is a mind boggling, absorbing, spine tingling novel that deals with issues that are believable and can happen in your everyday life. Highly recommended.
3 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Caught.

02/16/2012 page 220