A Voracious Reader (a.k.a. Carol)'s Reviews > Entangled

Entangled by Edie Ramer

Feb 24, 12

bookshelves: e-book, review-requested, anthology, fantasy, paranormal, romance, ya
Read from February 16 to 24, 2012

Entangled is a paranormal anthology containing 11 stories by authors: Jennifer Estep, Edie Ramer, Nancy Haddock, Misty Evans, Dale Mayer, Cynthia Eden, Michelle Miles, Lori Brighton, Liz Kreger, Michelle Diener and Allison Brennan. Of these authors I’ve only read Cynthia Eden’s work before, so 10 of these authors are completely new to me though I have heard of Jennifer Estep and have her book Spider’s Bite coming up soon in my TBR List.

As far as I can tell the only stories in this anthology that are connected to other series by the authors are:

Halloween Frost by Jennifer Estep is #1.5 in the Mythos Academy series.

A Bit of Bite by Cynthia Eden appears to be in the world of the Night Watch and The Fallen series though I haven’t read the Bound series yet, so it could be connected to that series. I’m not clear if it does actually belong to a series or is independent of them all.

Ghostly Justice by Allison Brennan is #2.5 in the Seven Deadly Sins series.

Since these are short stories and I don’t like writing an individual review for each story I’ll just say this about Entangled…I really, really enjoyed each and every story. Some more than others, but they were all good. The only exception is Allison Brennan’s Ghostly Justice. I did not read that story because I would like to read the others in the series first, so I’ll have to revisit it when I do. And though I really hate reading a series out of order I didn’t think I would be reading the Mythos Academy series anytime soon, so I went ahead and read Halloween Frost anyway.

I would love to read some more stories connected to the short stories in this anthology by Nancy Raddock, Michelle Miles, Lori Brighton, Liz Kreger and Michelle Diener. I hope there are more to come!

*The author provided a copy of this book to me for review. Please see disclaimer page on my blog.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Entangled.