Angie's Reviews > The Indispensable Calvin and Hobbes

Feb 16, 12

bookshelves: favorites
Recommended for: Everyone
Read in February, 2012 — I own a copy

There is something mystical about childhood, something that makes it all but impossible for us adults to overcome it. Calvin and Hobbes captures the magic of childhood and helps us return to it. We are there to witness Cavlin's cardboard-box adventures, we experience his impatience while waiting for his propeller beanie to arrive, and we sympathize with his angst regarding bedtimes and homework.

There are some things about life that even adults don't understand though, things that as a child you assumed you would understand some day but in reality had a better handle on when you were a child, without prejudice and wordly knowledge getting in the way.

But in the end, Calvin and Hobbes bring back the simplicity of childhood, taking you back into a world where ultimate happiness can be achieved by digging in the dirt or taking pictures of plastic dinosaurs.

Calvin and Hobbes is more than just a comic book; it's a reminder of how magical life is a child's world.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Indispensable Calvin and Hobbes.