Anna's Reviews > All She Wrote

All She Wrote by Josh Lanyon

I cannot begin to tell you how much I loved this book. This is one of those times when I wish Goodreads would let us rate a book 6 stars, because this one would definitely deserve that extra star. All the wrote is now one of my top 3 favourite Josh Lanyon books. This book also reminded me just why Lanyon is my all time favourite M/M authors; that man is a genius. He can write amazing mysteries and such realistic and strong characters. I have always liked that about his books.

I honestly wasn't expecting to like this book all that much, I actually put off reading it for months because I only gave the first book 3 stars.. so let's say I wasn't in any rush to read the sequel. Boy was I wrong doing so! All she wrote was amazing!!

I knew before getting into the book that the second MC wasn't going to be in it for some time, so I was worried I'd get bored until then. It took 28% of the book for the second MC to get into the story, and not one moment was I bored 'till then...I would give a 4 stars fore the first 28% of the book. But when J.X. got into the book it suddenly went from 4 stars to 5 6 in a few paragraphs. Christopher and J.X. are great together. I mean yes, Christopher has many insecurities (which are understandable), but he slowly worked through them, learned to trust J.X and to open up to him (figuratively and literally, eheh). I must say, this couple is probably the sweetest couple I have ever read about. I loved reading about all the little touches exchanged, everything J.X. told Christopher to make him trust him, etc. Maybe I'm a sap, but it was fucking adorable and I reread those passages multiple times. I loved them so much that they are now definitely one of my all time favourite m/m couples.

The mystery part was also great. Like I said, the book didn't focus on Christopher and J.X.'s relationship 'till 28% of the book, so until then it mainly focused on the mystery, and I liked that. I really got into the mystery, trying to figure out who was behind all of it. It was a really interesting book from the mystery aspect as well.

The only thing that I didn't quite like as much was the ending. I would have preferred to have one more chapter where we could see Christopher and J.X. have that "talk" they said they'd have. I mean I'm sure things ended up good for them, but I would have liked to see how things were for them back in L.A. (view spoiler) So yeah, that's my only (really) small problem with the book.

I am definitely going to be rereading this book pretty soon. Hopefully, Lanyon will also decide to write a third book in the series... I'm crossing my fingers for that !

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read All She Wrote.

02/18/2012
27.0% "That scene at the hospital with Christopher and J.X. was so sweet !"

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Monika (new) - added it

Monika Wow Anna great review. I definitely want to read this book!

Anna Thanks! :) Hopefully you'll like the first book more than I did though.. but even if you don't, it's worth going through it just for this one, imo.

message 3: by Monika (new) - added it

Monika I will read the first, but is it a must? I just read a second in a series that said it was a stand alone, it was not! There was a lot of WTH while I was reading it. *LOL*

Anna I do think you have to because it's with Christopher and J.X and you get to know them and to know what happened with them in their past, etc. but a lot of people liked the first book so you might too. I mean I did but I didn't love it like I do with most of his books.

message 5: by Monika (new) - added it

Monika I've never read him, Fluff likes him so that's always a good sign for me! I just looked he's on my TBR list #195! Gawd help me!

Anna lmfao are you going in order? like you're reading 1, 2, 3 on your TBR list ? :p

message 7: by Monika (new) - added it

Monika No some will probably never see the inside of my Kindle! Good idea though!

Anna LOL I could never do that! I always have like impulse read where I see a book and I suddenly have to read it :D

message 9: by Monika (new) - added it

Monika The same with me! My TBR list is mostly made up of stuff other people really liked and I thought that looks good. tbh I don't think I've looked there and said I think I'll read this now! *lol*

message 10: by Anna (new) - rated it 5 stars

Anna haha well read a Josh Lanyon book soon :p And don't forget about Tigers and Devils ;)

message 11: by Monika (new) - added it

Monika I'm on it Anna, I think that is the only book you have rec'd me I put it right at the top of my list. Okay?

message 12: by Anna (new) - rated it 5 stars

Anna haha ok:)

message 13: by Nina (new) - rated it 5 stars

Nina There is a sequel, supposedly coming out in December this year...
Here: http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/16...