Jane Gorman's Reviews > A Beautiful Blue Death

A Beautiful Blue Death by Charles Finch

F 50x66
Feb 16, 2012

Read in February, 2012

I enjoyed this book and I’m looking forward to reading the rest in the series. Charles Lenox is endearing, engaging and entertaining. He seems to have it all – but he has his flaws, too. There’s nothing worse than a protagonist who’s nothing but perfect, and Lenox is just the right amount of imperfect.

The only thing better than the characters was the description and setting. I feel like I just got back from a trip to Victorian London! Which is exactly what I look for in my books – a fun escape. I didn’t try to figure out who done it – if I had, I would have been a little disappointed by the few times Lenox “made a call” or “asked a question” but the reader didn’t get to hear the answer (that’s always a pet peeve of mine). But this was so well written, and the description so engaging, that I was too busy being drawn along with the characters, the mystery and the social drama to be concerned about the clues. I would recommend this to anyone interested in a fun, engaging read that includes a little mystery.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Beautiful Blue Death.