DarienMoya's Reviews > Moving in Rhythm

Moving in Rhythm by Dev Bentham

Apr 08, 12

bookshelves: arc, netgalley-reviews, 2012-reads, butt-virgins, my-m-m-lovin, release-2012, pants-off-reviews
Read on March 18, 2012

When I first saw the description of this book, I knew it was something I had to read. I knew I was really going to like it, and I am happy I wasn’t disappointed. I’m thinking if Dev Bentham is writing it, I’m gonna want to be reading it because for a debut novel it’s a freaking hit.

Mark is gorgeous, smart, and has whole lot going for him. He is also socially inept, crowds scare him, attractive men leaves him in crippling shyness and being in his quiet apartment is his solitude. Mark is also struggling with his attraction to men, and the fear of it translates into his life. Doesn’t stop him from doing back alleys, and men’s washroom, because if he doesn’t have to talk he can do a quick blowjob with a stranger.

His world gets shaken when he sees Seth for the first time. His hips are a swaying and Mark is mesmerized by the man, it’s a shame nothing would ever come of his attraction because the things he wants to say to Seth only gets said in his head. Well, Seth is not about to let a good thing go, and Mark is that good thing. The way he goes about communicating with Mark is a thing of beauty.

I really love these characters, and I really like Mark. This book was about him finding himself, and not about a solution to dealing with his anxiety. Loved that Mark found some worth in taking care of his sister in law, and he wasn’t just the shy nut case anymore. I also loved the female characters; they were strong and provided a nurturing in the story. Seth and Mark together is dy-no-mite (three words) and hot as fecking hell (loved the whole treat me like a stranger).

It really was a beautiful love story, about finding that someone who makes everything just right, and never having to change who you are. It’s a story of self-discovery and healing wounds and moving on from them. Good stuff!

More of my reviews and ramblings at PANTS OFF REVIEWS

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Moving in Rhythm.

03/18/2012
100.0% "How cute was this!"

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Buggy (new)

Buggy Nice one D! This sounds super good to me