Stacy's Reviews > White Witch

White Witch by Trish Milburn

Mar 22, 12

bookshelves: netgalley
Read from February 28 to 29, 2012

Jax is on the run from her family a group of very powerful Dark Witches. Jax wants nothing more then to live a normal life without using her power for bad things. She comes to realize that she cant hide forever and that she cant but her friends in harms way no matter how normal she wants to be.

WHITE WITCH was a fast read but there are a few things I had issues with. The beginning felt rushed, there wasn't enough information given when things started happening they just happen and bam your on to the next scene. Even though there were some action moments they to were rushed. It got confusing and I lost where in the moment I was multiple times because it was on fast forward it seemed. The timeline of Jax's relationship with Keller seemed a bit unrealistic at times, again things were rushed and put on fast forward. I really think the story would have benefited from a few more pages added to each chapter. I did enjoy the characters. They were well written and It was easy to get to know them.

The ending definitely didn't leave the characters in a happy place like most books do. I wish it would have went on a little longer but it did leave me wanting to read the next book so that is a good thing. I wouldn't go out and buy this one but it wouldn't hurt to borrow a copy if you have the chance.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read White Witch.