Lori 's Reviews > City of Bones

City of Bones by Cassandra Clare

Jul 21, 2008

bookshelves: urban-fantasy, young-adult, read-2008
Recommended for: everyone who likes urban fantasy
Read in July, 2008

Do yourself a favor and be careful reading reviews or posts that give away the ending of this book. Unfortunately, I read about the devastating twist on a message board and was sorry that I knew, sooner then I wanted to, what direction the story takes towards the end. Of course you'll have to read the next two books in the series in hopes that it's not true. It can't be true, it just can't be!

Don't let the fact that this book is in the "Young Adult" section throw you. This is a great urban fantasy read. The characters are well developed, the story moves along at a good clip and it's full of suprises you never saw coming.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read City of Bones.

Emma  Blue Yes, I've heard the spoiler and it doesn't seem that major. I'm going to start reading it tomorrow and I am eager to read and discuss it.

Rachel Smith I like what you said about the "young adult" issue. I really wish that genre was better separated because there are so many good finds that people often miss just because of that label.

I just started reading today and am having a hard time putting it down! So excited!

message 3: by Tyia (last edited Jan 14, 2010 07:07AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Tyia Let me know when you've finished the series. I'm always interested in different views. I loved this series. It would make a good mini-series.

Yanet I'm a little disappoited that there's only 3 book in this series. Its such a great book.This is defenetly on my top 5 favorite series. I just want to read it over and over.

I'm finishing book 2 right now. I'm making all my friends read this : )

after I finish reading this book I refuse to believe the ending and I still don't believe it!!

Elyse I totally agree with you on the ending I was so upset that I threw the book across the room! I thought that they were great together. Anyways I asked my friend if it was true. I won't tell you but I decided that no matter if it is true or not I want to read them.

Echo If only I had read your review before I read the book. I had the ending spoiled for me as well, and I would rather have had it be a surprise.

Elyse There are so many twists in this book though don't let getting one of the twists spoiled end the love of the books because they are so much better than some people give them creadit for.

Sage There is a fourth book that is coming out in march! I am so excited

Elyse there is a fourth city of bones i thought it was only the three

Elyse is it supposed to be coming out this march like in 2011?

message 11: by Jomie (new)

Jomie Hospital yup. City of Fallen Angels

Elyse Thanks i mean i read the serious in like two weeks it was so in creadible i couldn't put it down!!! I am so excited thanks again

message 13: by Sue (new) - rated it 2 stars

Sue Thanks for you review- I'm starting it today! And I haven't heard the ending yet :)

Elyse hey there i was wondering, i happened to learn that there is a fourth book coming our and I am not sure if that is true or not however if it is could you please tell me when it does come out.

message 15: by Zach (new) - rated it 5 stars

Zach M I LOVE THIS SERIES!!

Laura M Excellent book - I am listening to this series!

Taylor Vahidy If I hadn't found out a "spoiler" about the next two books I would have stopped at City of Bones. The moment at the end made me too angry and I HAD to know what really happened. I wouldn't read on if I didn't.

message 18: by Bri (new) - rated it 1 star

Bri Honestly, I had read absolutely no spoilers going into the book and I still worked out every plot twist ahead of time. Clare's writing is very transparent when it comes to this.

Danii Seriously am i thee only one that cryed at thee ending? it was devastating i never saw it coming!

message 20: by Sabrina (new) - added it

Sabrina The whole story was predictable and the characters annoying and underdeveloped

Alison I tried reading the book a few years ago, but when I accidentally read a huge spoiler for it, I got disturbed and set the book down less than halfway through, after purposely reading more spoilers to try to set my mind at ease. For Christmas this year, however, I got the box set of the series, so I decided to give it another shot. I'm glad I did, as it's definitely a compelling story.

Svetlana Boyle I loved this book

Kenzi Staley If you would like to know if it's true then go ahead and ask me I got spoiled because of the movie and decided I didn't want to wait so I spoiled myself on city of glass so I know if it's true or not

Alison I think I already do know the answer, in part (unless another huge twist has changed things).