Jonetta's Reviews > Something About You

Something About You by Julie James

Apr 23, 12

bookshelves: romantic-suspense
Read in April, 2012

Cameron Lynde happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time and inadvertently glimpsed a man who had just committed murder. She's an Assistant U.S. Attorney in Chicago and finds herself needing witness protection as police and the FBI search for the killer. Unfortunately, the FBI Special Agent assigned to the case is Jack Pallas and the two of them have a history that's not good. They soon find themselves dealing with new emotions that provide many moments of sexual tension that both find hard to resist.

Julie James is a new author for me and I'm now an instant fan. This story is well written with a delicious mix of humor, suspense, mystery and romance. The secondary characters are also well developed and are just as interesting as Cameron and Jack. There aren't any lulls because the pace of the story is just about perfect. If there is a weakness it's in the mystery itself because it wasn't that hard to figure out but, even so, it was still interesting.

I really liked Cameron and Jack individually and as a couple. The romance worked and progressed pretty normally with the conflict not being over the top but fairly realistic. James doesn't protract that conflict, which also works for me.

The dialogue is also very good with some of the best crafted for the secondary characters. There is an interchange between two policeman and Jack's partner, Sam Willis, that is a true laughing out loud moment.

I'm in for this series as well as other books written by James. I read this in a day, not because it was short but because I didn't want to put it down. If you're a fan of romantic suspense, this book should be on your shelf.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Something About You.

Sara ♥ Do you know of any similar authors out there? I like Julie James a TON, but I've read all her books!!! What's a girl to do?? The things I especially like about it are that the heroines are very strong (of course), that they take place in a big city... fabulous heros... you know. That sort of thing.

Jonetta Have you read Julie Garwood's contemporary series beginning with Heartbreaker? I love that series and the stories are similarly patterned.

Jonetta Another series I think might work is by Norah Wilson called Serve and Protect, beginning with Guarding Suzannah. Unfortunately, I haven't yet started the series but I have the books.

Let me know if you find either of these appealing. They don't have the level of murder and mayhem that some of n other series do:)

Jonetta Oh! Are you looking for romantic suspense lite or contemporary romance? I've discovered some new authors I think you'd like under both genres.

Sara ♥ WOW. I just now got this email! That should give you a little insight into my email inbox..... EEK!!!! Contemporary, please! :)

Jonetta Have you read Victoria Dahl? I've read two of her series, Donovan Brothers and Jackson Hole, and am now reading my third, Girl's Night Out, and I think you'd love her books. My friend has read her Tumble Creek series and loved it and she's not a contemporary romance fan.

Have you read Molly O'Keefe before? Loved her Boys of Bishop and Crooked Creek series. She's one of my most favorite authors.

Check out my contemporary romance shelf for more.

Jonetta Oh! Check out Victoria James' Red River series. You'd love it.

Sara ♥ Awesome! Those all sound rural... Any urban that you can think of off the top of your head?