♡Karlyn P♡'s Reviews > Perfection

Perfection by R.L. Mathewson

Jan 26, 14

bookshelves: genre-contemporary, genre-humor, read-2012, ebook, steam-hot
Read from March 01 to 04, 2012

Oh, I loved it! Another really funny, over-the-top, steamy HOT Neighbor From Hell romance. IMHO, this was just as good (if not a wee bit better) than Playing for Keeps.

Trevor wants the PERFECT WIFE:

So Trevor is a typical Bradford male, a guy who is completely full of himself and darn right clueless about women, but who is also considerate (when he tries), loyal and sexy as hell. He could eat you out of house and home, but he is also a hard worker and a devoted family guy who will be there for you in a pinch.

Trevor:

Zoe shares a town-home with her landlord’s nephew, a converted building where the top and bottom half are their own units. The walls are thin, the driveway small, but the rent is cheap. And the guy living upstairs is going to drive her insane! So when he steels her pizza delivery on the same day she lost her job and her car window broke, she lets him know what a terrible neighbor he is – only to find out he owns the building (and is her real landlord) and is the biggest jerk alive.

Zoe:

Feeling like a total cad for insulting Zoe’s weight problem and making her run away crying, he goes about trying to make amends. He helps her get a job at the Bradford’s construction site as the office manager, offers to repair her car, and even offers her a part time job working as his personal shopper and house cleaner. Keeping the refrigerator full might just be the hardest part of her job.

But as Zoe starts to get her life back on track, and is even losing weight, she can’t help but feel lonely. And horny. Really horny! So could she really do a friends-with-benefits with her hot neighbor? Why not.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My final thoughts
This was such a great addition to the Neighbors From Hell series. I can't wait for the next. I loved Trevor and Zoe, even when he was being a jerk and she was pushing his buttons, they really worked for me. They were smoking hot together too, and I really felt the sexual tension between them. It kept me laughing until the end, and the ending made me a believer in these crazy Bradford guys.

I think why I might like this one a bit more than Playing For Keep is that Trevor wasn't quite as obnoxious as Jason, and I could relate to so many of their situations. Zoe's weight problem was a big part of this story, and with that comes a woman who doesn't feel beautiful or worthy of a hot guy like Trevor. It does take him a while to see past her weight issue, but I liked that he got to know her as a person first anyway. As he fell for her as a person, his opinion of her body morphed into total desire and wild lust. I also enjoyed the ending in Perfection too as it wasn't overly angsty like in PFK. When he decided Zoe was going to be his, he holds nothing back. You have to love a guy who is willling to go to such lengths for the woman he loves. Sigh

We also get to see lots more of Jason, Haley and their little rug rats!

Look! A baby Bradford, ready to chow down:

Perfection was...well, perfection. :-)
163 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Perfection.

03/01/2012
3.0% 5 comments
40.0% "holy crap, this is so funny!" 2 comments
03/03/2012
70.0% "This book just cracks me up! Banned from another buffet :-)"
03/03/2012
80.0% "How to date a Bradford: "The key is to make her love you more than you piss her off." LOL." 2 comments
show 1 hidden update…

Vicki Excellent review, I felt the same way about this one! :)

Searock This review if perfection. I felt exactly the same way. Loved it!

♡Karlyn P♡ Thanks Vicki, this ended up being WAY better than I anticipated. When it comes to this type of humor, not everyone will appreciate it. But I have my own Bradford kind of guy at home, we've been together/married 17 years now and he always loves me no matter what I weigh. And it varies! He is clueless to women too, but the rock I can always count on. As I said in my review, I can really relate to this story. Loved it.

✿Alyssa✿ Awesome review KarLynP! :)

Carrie Great review! I LOVE your Zoe! :)

✿Alyssa✿ Carrie wrote: "Great review! I LOVE your Zoe! :)"

I definitely agree with you Carrie- her Zoe is absolutely perfect! :)

Catherine This sounds just as fun as the first book. Great review!

MelissaB Great review! I like when later he wants her to get back the curves he likes!

Keri Great review!

♡Karlyn P♡ Searock wrote: "This review if perfection. I felt exactly the same way. Loved it!"

Thanks Searock!!

♡Karlyn P♡ Carrie wrote: "Great review! I LOVE your Zoe! :)"

♥Alyssa♥ wrote: "Awesome review KarLynP! :)"

Thanks guys!!

♡Karlyn P♡ ♥Alyssa♥ wrote: "Carrie wrote: "Great review! I LOVE your Zoe! :)"

I definitely agree with you Carrie- her Zoe is absolutely perfect! :)"

The Bradford guys are much harder to pick, but this model is a top plus size gal. She looked just like the Zoe I had in mind when reading.

message 13: by ✿Alyssa✿ (last edited Mar 05, 2012 09:30AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

✿Alyssa✿ ♡KarLynP♡ wrote: "♥Alyssa♥ wrote: "Carrie wrote: "Great review! I LOVE your Zoe! :)"

I definitely agree with you Carrie- her Zoe is absolutely perfect! :)"

The Bradford guys are much harder to pick, but this mode..."

Well, you definitely did a great job in picking it! I wish I had seen that picture before I read the book, because I honestly don't think I had a good picture of Zoe in my head while reading, until I saw the picture you posted, hehe!

♡Karlyn P♡ MelissaB wrote: "Great review! I like when later he wants her to get back the curves he likes!"

I loved that part too, it really showed how much he cared for all of her. Sigh I also loved the parts where she was reading the Twilight series to him.

♡Karlyn P♡ Keri wrote: "Great review!"

Thanks!

Lady Jayne *~*The Beach Bandida*~* What a fantastic review, KarLyn!! I loved reading it and loved all your visuals. The baby is adorable. I'm definitely adding this series to my TBR. Thank you!! ^_^

Booklover, Indianapolis Great review for a great booK!!!

♡Karlyn P♡ Lady Jayne *~*The Beach Bandida*~* wrote: "What a fantastic review, KarLyn!! I loved reading it and loved all your visuals. The baby is adorable. I'm definitely adding this series to my TBR. Thank you!! ^_^"

Thanks!! I can only imagine what a baby Bradford must be like. You got to feel for the wives! :-)

♡Karlyn P♡ Booklover, Indianapolis wrote: "Great review for a great booK!!!"

Thanks, I really wish there were more but looks like we will have to wait.

message 20: by Sans (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sans Great review! As you said, I loved how his opinion of her body changed as they got to know each other better (and how he was worried all his favourite curves were disappearing).

♡Karlyn P♡ Thanks Sans! I thought she did a great job with the whole body image thing, and I can soooo relate.

Veronica~Nhaughty Great review! I'm lovin' this series!

♡Karlyn P♡ Thanks Veronica!! I think this series is one of my favorite finds in a long time!

message 24: by Say (new) - rated it 4 stars

Say i have to agree i'm liking this one better than the first one....jason was just too childish for me....

message 25: by ♡Karlyn P♡ (last edited Mar 17, 2012 10:23AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

♡Karlyn P♡ Say wrote: "i have to agree i'm liking this one better than the first one....jason was just too childish for me...."

Thanks Say! I think it's a split between readers, as many preferred the first book. I do think Trevor was a bit more grounded, but still a crazy Bradford.

message 26: by Dina (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dina Hey KarLynP, I'm currently reading this book and your review just appeared on my GR Home Page, so I decided to reread it... and got a bit confused, thinking I was getting crazy crazier, LOL. The hero's name is Trevor, not Travis. Am I going to find out later that his name is actually Travis? *scratches head*

message 27: by Say (new) - rated it 4 stars

Say Dina wrote: "Hey KarLynP, I'm currently reading this book and your review just appeared on my GR Home Page, so I decided to reread it... and got a bit confused, thinking I was getting crazy crazier, LOL. The he..."

yeah i was about to mention that as well....=)

Booklover, Indianapolis Sorry...but I find it funny we all read/loved/commented on this book but no one noticed (for a long while, anyway!) that the name Trevor morphed into Travis! Simple enough mistake, and they say when reading your eyes sort of pick out the general shape of a word and "fill in the blank" so to speak! Trevor or Travis, loved this book!

♡Karlyn P♡ Lol! You're right! I will edit it now. :-)

message 30: by AgentScully (new)

AgentScully Fab review KarLynP!

♡Karlyn P♡ AgentScully wrote: "Fab review KarLynP!"

:-)

Jessica This baby is so little Bradford :D

message 34: by Catherine (new)

Catherine love the quote :) lol

UniquelyMoi ~ 1-Click RockChick LOVE your review and the quotes and the images! You nailed Zoe!

♡Karlyn P♡ UniquelyMoi ... So I Can Shine... wrote: "LOVE your review and the quotes and the images! You nailed Zoe!"

Thanks! I love that quote too. It fits Trevor to a tee. ;-)

message 37: by KatLynne (new) - added it

KatLynne Wonderful review, KarLyn! I was just telling Dhes I need to get back to this series:)

♡Karlyn P♡ KatLynne wrote: "Wonderful review, KarLyn! I was just telling Dhes I need to get back to this series:)"

Thanks KatLynne! Where did you leave off? Her last one, Truce: The Historic Neighbor from Hell, is a historical version that can be read out of order, IMO. It's a must read ;-)

message 39: by KatLynne (new) - added it

KatLynne ♡KarLynP♡ wrote: "KatLynne wrote: "Wonderful review, KarLyn! I was just telling Dhes I need to get back to this series:)"

Thanks KatLynne! Where did you leave off? Her last one, [book:Truce: The Historic Neighbor f..."

Thanks for the heads up on this, KarLyn. I've only read the first book in this series. I keep getting distracted:))