Jane's Reviews > The Distant Hours

The Distant Hours by Kate Morton

Feb 16, 12

Read in February, 2012

LOVED THIS BOOK! oh was i yelling? Well I really loved it! It just got my rare 5 stars.
Loved the writing, loved the characters, loved the setting, loved the plot.
Loved the surprise twist. And then another. And then yet another.

Favorite quotes included:
"I couldn't see the bottom of the pool, but I could guess at its depth. A diving board had been installed on the far side, the wooden plank bleached and splintered, the springs rusted, the whole contraption held together, it appeared, by little more than good luck."

Isn't that AWESOME???

"If there was one thing on which Percy prided herself it was her ability to exercise pragmatism in all matters - Lord knew, someone had to - thus she'd determined to Get to the Bottom of Things. To find a way to still the little clock that threatened to tick away inside her without opportunity to ever strike. Over the course of weeks, take great care never to reveal her inward state of flux, Percy had evaluated her solution, observing her feelings from all angles before finally reaching the conclusion that she was, quite clearly, several shades of crazy."

That may be my favorite paragraph EVER!

And one more nugget:

"Percy smiled at Mrs. Collins. The old dear who, in some inexplicable curvature of time, had seemed ancient for at least three decades..."

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Distant Hours.