Rosa's Reviews > Archie: The Married Life Book 1

1913711
Feb 16, 12

bookshelves: 2012, graphic-novels, young-adult
Read on February 15, 2012

I haven't read Archie comics in years, but the other day I remembered the marriage storyline and decided to look into it. This volume covers the first 6 issues of that storyline. Archie takes a walk down memory lane and we get to see what his life would be like if he married both Betty and Veronica. I know not everyone is thrilled with the idea but the Betty/Veronica debate has gone on for years and it's a neat way to make everyone happy.

The alternate story lines are both pretty interesting and I like seeing what's going to happen in both scenarios. I will admit that since other factors differ, such as when other characters get married and what characters are doing with their lives. Sometimes, this gets a little bit confusing b/c you have a moment where you go "wait a minute...." but then you get yourself re-situated and keep going.

I did feel like they may have made Veronica's dad a little bit too much the villain. Now as I said I haven't read in years but I don't remember him being so evil feeling when I was a kid. He's making it impossible for people to survive in what is already a very difficult environment.

I definitely want to keep reading this, particularly since I want to see what turns out the same in both environments and what ends up different.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Archie.