Alayne's Reviews > 90 Minutes in Heaven: A True Story of Death & Life

90 Minutes in Heaven by Don Piper

Aug 09, 08

I think the author did a great job in describing a very difficult personal experience and how God used him to help others dealing with issues in life to bring them closer to God. I can only imagine how difficult it was for him to write this book. I think people who expected the entire book to be about his 90 minutes in heaven were disappointed. If you read this book with an open mind and no expectations, I think you'll get a lot out of it. Don Piper's message is to relate how God used him to help others...not to convince anyone of his experience.
4 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read 90 Minutes in Heaven.

message 1: by Jen (new)

Jen I heard about this book awhile back from a relative who just raved about it. I finally picked it up when we had our own personal experience with a car crash and the loss of a loved one (Justin.) I liked the first part of the book, the miracle...but really struggled with the rest of the story. Maybe it was the way the book was written...the recovery after the accident seemed to drag on endlessly for me as it did for the author. I did not relate to the author very well ...hoped he would more clearly embark on an effort to use this story to spread the message of Jesus....which is probably why the book was a bit disappointing.

Alayne Was this a true story? My sister read it, but didn't really give it any kind of review. I also want to read The Last Lecture. Someone at the pool today was reading it and it looked pretty good.

message 3: by Jen (new)

Jen Yes, it was a true story. Never heard of The Last Lecture...will have to look it up.

Alayne The guy was on Opra discussing how important it is to live each day to the fullest. He was dying of cancer. He just died on Friday. Very sad.

Tina I also read 90 Minutes in Heaven. I agree the recovery dragged on. It helped me understand how my husband may have felt recovering from a serious illness 6 years ago. It also gave comfort in looking forward to heaven, as he passed away a few months ago.

As for The Last Lecture it was written by the same man who wrote Dinner with a Stranger and Tuesdays with Morrie. Both were phenomenal books.