Vanessa's Reviews > Born Wicked

Born Wicked by Jessica Spotswood

May 11, 12

bookshelves: books-i-have, 2012-reads
Read from April 23 to May 10, 2012

I remember why I don't buy new books in a series anymore. I hate waiting for the next one to come out. If I was a little more intelligent I would have noticed that it said it was a series in big letters on the front cover, but I heard a lot of good things about it and couldn't resist picking it up to read.

It has been a long time since I bought a brand new book that has just been released. I found the premise intriguing and I love that time period. It started off on a good note with a good amount of magic in it to catch you but a little after that I was put off. It was a little boring and I think it was due to the character, who I actually liked, but did not find all that interesting.

When her best friend comes back to town from New London things start to get more interesting and I couldn't put it down. Cate is actually quite fun once you get to know her.

But, oh my. It ends so suddenly. I couldn't believe it. It's not a cliffhanger exactly but it isn't far off. I felt so bad for many of the characters!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Born Wicked.

04/24/2012 page 35

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by April (new) - added it

April I thought this one looked interesting.

Vanessa I thought so as well. I bought it when I went by Barnes & Noble Friday. I haven't actually bought a new book in a while so I thought I'd treat myself.

message 3: by April (new) - added it

April Well, I'm glad that you enjoyed it, though I can agree that it is annoying when series (usually YA) have abrupt endings. A lot feel like it was due date, so the author rushed to put something down, leaving us flipping the last page trying to figure out if we are missing a page due to the...

Vanessa Hahahaha! Yeah. You will want to read it but you will also want to wait until at least the 2nd book has come out. I hope it's just a trilogy. They can't really draw it out longer than that I think.