Jessica's Reviews > A Breath of Snow and Ashes

A Breath of Snow and Ashes by Diana Gabaldon

Feb 16, 12

Read in February, 2012

The trick to reading these books is to really concentrate on reading them- I made a point to read a little each day, which at least kept my interest going. I am starting to get a little fed up with the characters... pretty much the only ones I like are Roger and Jamie at this point, and Roger is sort of iffy. I get it, he has a scar from almost getting hanged in the last book. You don't need to remind me every time he appears! I read the last book! I know he has it! Also, Brianna annoys the crap out of me. I can't shake the feeling that her relationship with Roger and her attraction to him is almost all about sex. Every time she thinks of him, she thinks about them having sex. And I realize, it's going to be a culture shock to have a 1960s female transplanted into 1776 and there are a lot of differences between how women are treated in those time periods, but if you've lived in the 1700's for a few years, WHY are you still surprised when people treat you like a woman of the 1700's? UGH. I also was fed up with the Stephen Bonnet storyline; that dragged on for way too long. And the final 100 pages or so were so predictable.

All that being said, I liked it. The world that's been created is really interesting to me, and I will, of course, read the final book, but I'm a little burned out on them right now.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Breath of Snow and Ashes.