Sian's Reviews > Revenge for Hire

Revenge for Hire by Janice Lynn

Feb 18, 2012

bookshelves: read-2012
Read on February 18, 2012

After finishing my previous book I wanted to go for something light and easy to read for a nice relaxing Saturday afternoon.

This is definately what I got.
When I download an Amazon Kindle freebie, I admit to not usually expecting much but this story really surprised me.

I really liked the characters of Avery and Jude and I thought the chemistry between the 2 characters was well written and I believed it. Nothing worse in this genre of books when you don't understand why they are attracted to each other or liking either of the main characters.

From the start I really liked Jude, he didn't seem any where near as bad as what Avery thought he was, yes he was a womaniser but he was honest about it and if women chose to believe they could help him change his mind about his ways then thats down to them.
I liked Avery also, she was extremely stubborn though and I admit to being disappointed when she followed through with the plan to ruin him.

The reason I didn't mark it as full stars though is after declaring his love to Avery/Angela and even knowing she used him and her disappearing, he got back with that horrible woman Mandy. I would like to think there was another way around things without him resorting to having sex with someone else so soon after Avery leaving.

It was written very well and a lot better than a lot of the stuff that comes onto the free download list. It could probably do with another proof read because there were a few typos and sentences that ran a little long but this didn't deter from my enjoyment of the story.
I shall definately be looking to see if this author has any other books.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Revenge for Hire.