Kori's Reviews > Reached

Reached by Ally Condie

Nov 18, 2012

** spoiler alert ** Team Xander all the way. This book is going to be epic. Loved the first two books can't wait for this one.

P.S. I don't get why everyone loves Ky and thinks he is the dangerous one. I think he is safe. No one who has been through what he has is dangerous. He didn't want to join the rebellion. I don't think him and Cassia want the same thing. She just likes the idea of him and his story.

Pps. The description basically yells, it's all about Ky, the end! :(

Review: I like how it ended and I am ok with how it ended for Xander. I am sad that Indy left though. RIP. I really love Allie Condie. I can not wait for the movie unless, they are anything like the trailers.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Reached.

02/25/2016 marked as: read

Comments (showing 4-53)

Alein I so agree with you.

message 52: by Allie (new) - added it

Allie agreed i've liked xander from the beginning. i never got y she swooned ovr him like a puppy.

Amanda WHOO HOO HIGH FIVE SISTAH!!!!! Finally someone is speaking the truth.

message 50: by Rubi (new) - rated it 5 stars

Rubi never thought about it like that, but i think ur sooo right
but i'll still feel bad for him if she chooses xander :(
but i love xander!!! hehe

message 49: by Jessica (new) - added it

Jessica Team XANDER too!!
Ky and Indie will be together end of story :)

message 48: by Kori (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kori Finally people who agree with me, my friends think i'm crazy.

message 47: by Celeste (new)

Celeste Team Xander i think he should be with cassia they are perfect for each other

message 46: by Amy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Amy I think she is into him because he is unreachable for the time being. :) Everyone wants what they can't have!

message 45: by Courtney (new) - added it

Courtney At first I hated Ky (in Matched). But then I got to know him in the rest of the book and Crossed. So think of it like this, Ky is Peeta and Xander is Gale... Gale is meant to be a great friend, like Xander. TEAM KY! Besides, a little danger never hurt anybody(:

Maggie Yeeeees! Yay Xander! Cassia, stop being such a retard!

message 43: by Alyson (new)

Alyson I <3 Ky!!! He's poetic and deep and mysterious!' Love it!!

Heidi So true!!!!! Go team Xander!!!

message 41: by Sarah (new) - added it

Sarah Patel Xander just rules compared to Ky and my friends think Ky is better. Xander all the way!!!!!!!!

Heidi I have the same problem!

Amanda Can't wait to hear his POV in this book. I just hope they don't make him out to be a jerk.

message 38: by Katherine (new)

Katherine Idk how people could like Ky. I totally hate him. I am team Xander...

Booklover6 Cassia keeps saying that Xander is the 'safe' option but I love Xander and can't understand why she'd rather be with stupid Ky! I think it's pretty obvious who she'll end up with though. I have a felling this book is going to really depress me :(

Crème De La Crème Reviews Finally! someone who agrees. She likes Ky because he's someone who she can't have and Ally wanted to make a story. Xander is her true best match and she needs to grow up :D

Booklover6 CreamDeLaCream wrote: "Finally! someone who agrees. She likes Ky because he's someone who she can't have and Ally wanted to make a story. Xander is her true best match and she needs to grow up :D"

Exactly! Obviously Xander is the best match because even the Society says he is, and yes, we are supposed to hate the Society but they are pretty good at this matching malarky.

message 34: by Jen (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jen Ifer's Inklings I love Ky. I'm leary of Xander because he is too confident in the Rising. He has too much blind faith that what they are doing is right/better than the Society.

Crème De La Crème Reviews Jen wrote: "I love Ky. I'm leary of Xander because he is too confident in the Rising. He has too much blind faith that what they are doing is right/better than the Society."

It is possible (not saying that this is your case) you like Ky because you have a soft spot for him being an Abbriviation and all. She only started noticing him when his face poped up on her screen. She herself admits that life with Xander would be good. But as humen we have the tendency to shoot for things we can't have.

message 32: by Jen (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jen Ifer's Inklings I don't doubt that life with Xander would be good. But in the context of the story, and with Cassia's character, Ky is the one that most matches her. Xander is the 'safe' choice. (At least this is my interpretation from what I've brought out of the books so far.)

Crème De La Crème Reviews All in honest, I like Ky but I don't think he's necessarily THE match for her. And she's being impossibley selfish. She puts everyone in danger for something she doesn't comprehand herself.

message 30: by Smarticle (new) - added it

Smarticle Amy, I agree. And now that she can have KY, she's going to like Xander ;-)

Christelle hey guys! check out my blog. I'm a bookseller that just started blogging. http://teenreadqueen.wordpress.com/ please visit every now and then. And let me know if you want any book suggestions...it's what I do for a living

message 28: by Shuma (new)

Shuma I Have To Disagree Eventhough I Love Xander Ky Is Just The Best

Kirsty Thank you!! Xander 4ever

Candace Hinnergardt First off...WHAT?!?! THERE'S A MOVIE!?!?!?!?!?!?! Second, I know with every book like this, there is team ________. From my point of view and interpretation of the novels, based off of the character of Xander and Ky she couldn't go wrong. Neither did anything wrong. I interpreted this novel from the point of view that it's about choice and the uncertainty of choice. No one is safe when human choice is involved because you don't know what the individual is going to do. In that Ky wasn't safe, but I don't think this about being safe. It's about choice and being independent in choice, and Ky is the better choice for that point. If Ky and Xander were real people, I think I would like them both as people because they stand up for what they believe in and they really didn't have any personality flaws which might have been a problem in character development if you're an estute literary scholar. But it's a good book nevertheless.

Kaylee Dunn I love Xander too... but Ky seems pretty hot. I don't like how Cassia practically ignores Xander in Crossed, and I liked how he was more involved in books 1 and 2.

message 24: by Loopsyloo (new) - added it

Loopsyloo there. is. a. movie??? for real?

message 23: by Alex (new) - rated it 5 stars

Alex Stewart In this last book, I really started like Xander because 1) he is totally in love with her. 2)Ky seem to have fallen for Indie too just isnt admitting it. If he was so in love with Cassia why would he thinking about Indie too?? i dont understand.

Hannah T I know right I am totally like TEAM XANDER!!!!!!

Heather Making a logical choice and choosing the person who makes you feel like the best version of yourself are often not the same thing. I think the books ended as they should have. Xander deserved someone who loved him completely.

message 20: by Yesenia (new) - added it

Yesenia AGREED.

message 19: by Kori (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kori Heather wrote: "Making a logical choice and choosing the person who makes you feel like the best version of yourself are often not the same thing. I think the books ended as they should have. Xander deserved someo..."

I agree I was so unhappy with Cassia because I felt if she left Xander would have no one. He is such a good guy and he deserves love. I think towards the end Cassia and Xander didn't deserve each other. I like the way they ended.

message 18: by Ngoc (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ngoc Xander was such a selfless soul & I really wished Ally Condie had made him someone's 1st & last choice - Cassia & Indie both fall in love with him first then choose Ky & Lei wouldn't have loved him if Vick was still alive. yet I think Xander is the bravest & kindest of them all!

message 17: by Ana (new)

Ana Edmondson I feel u, I absolutely HATE Ky!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GO XANDER!!!!!!!!!

message 16: by Lily (new) - rated it 1 star

Lily At first I was team Xander, then team Ky, and now idk what to think...

message 15: by Ana (new)

Ana Edmondson have u finished the book yet?

message 14: by Lily (new) - rated it 1 star

Lily No I've only read the 1st one.

message 13: by Ana (new)

Ana Edmondson oh, nvm then, unless u want me to spoil it, I think I should keep quiet. :P

message 12: by Karyme (new)

Karyme Rodriguez Well cassia would have never like ky if she liked xander so that means she doesn't like xander and she likes ky a lot more cause if she loved the first one she wouldn't have falling in lovewiththe second

Emjen Enla The thing I've always found strange about Cassia/Xander is that even though Xander is supposed to be Cassia's perfect Match I never thought they were really good together. Lei's much better for Xander.

Mariah Frane Aren't they making a movie?? Am I the only one... yeah... okay

Emjen Enla Mariah Frane wrote: "Aren't they making a movie?? Am I the only one... yeah... okay"

I don't think they're making a movie but I might be wrong.

message 8: by Lily (new) - rated it 1 star

Lily I've heard the movie is gonna be Disney... Not sure if its true tho.

Hungergames!!!!!!!!! Team ky all the way!!!!!!!!! I've liked him best since the first book!

message 6: by Lily (new) - rated it 1 star

Lily I didn't really like this book at all. It's was too slow for me... Also Cassia did pretty much nothing the whole 500 pages!

message 5: by Renee (new)

Renee Thank the heavens people agree. I love xander from THE very beginning