Dawn's Reviews > The Wedding

The Wedding by Julie Garwood

Feb 15, 12

bookshelves: 2012-books, highlander
Read in February, 2012

Conner MacAlister has promised to avenge his fathers death at the tender age of 10. His father told him never to give his heart away, never share his feelings and sends him to an enemy to be raised. Five year later Conner rescues a little girl Brenna from pigs. Brenna decides she will find her husband and asks Conner to merry him three time. Eleven years later Brenna is on her way to marry a man she has never met. Conner decides to steal the bride for himself, later it is shock to find the woman who he is to marry is the same little girl he rescued years ago.

What I loved about this book is the characters stayed true to themselves. For example Conner has grown up without compassion and love, as such it seems quite natural that he has troubles managing his feelings. I also loved that Brenna is his match she is quite witty and funny. I really enjoyed how she manages Conner’s plans to keep her inline.

The pace was quite good and I was engaged the who way through. The characters are well-developed though out the story. I must also admit I found it quite funny, which was a very pleasant surprise.
If you are looking for something historically accurate, I do not think this is it. This is just a fun lovely read which takes place in the highlands.

4 1/2 stars
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Wedding.