Traci (The Reading Geek)'s Reviews > Immortal City

Immortal City by Scott Speer

Mar 27, 12

Read in February, 2012

Scott Speer's Immortal City is the story of Jackson Godspeed who is the hottest and most popular Angel in the city. He is preparing to become a Guardian when he meets Maddy. Maddy is one of the few girls who doesn't pay attention to the fame surrounding the angels. Once they meet, Jackson can't seem to get Maddy out of his head. Soon Maddy finds herself involved not only in the world of angels and fame, but there is also a murderer on the loose.

I really enjoyed Immortal City and finished it rather quickly. I enjoyed how the chapters alternated between Jackson and Maddy because it contrasted how different their lives were. Jackson is one of the most famous Angels in the city but there is so much more to him. He really wants to become a Guardian Angel and doesn't care for the fame that comes along with it. Jackson definitely grew on me as the story progressed.

Maddy was an interesting character who also grew on me as the story progressed. She lives with her Uncle and works in his diner. She doesn't care about the fame surrounding the Angels unlike practically everyone else in her school. I also really like the relationship between Maddy and Jackson and how it developed.

What definitely made me really like this book though was the interesting world of the Angels that Speer creates. I love the whole idea that the Angels are treated like the celebrities in Hollywood, or Angel City. It is all described in great detail and I felt like I was completely a part of this world too. The plot was paced well and captivating. I found it hard to put it down because there was a good balance of action and romance. However, at times I felt that it would get a bit too predictable. I still really enjoyed the ending though and I am looking forward to the next book.

Review originally posted on: thereadinggeek.blogspot.com

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Immortal City.