♥Beleza★✰'s Reviews > The Cases That Haunt Us

The Cases That Haunt Us by John E. Douglas

Apr 01, 12

bookshelves: ebook, favorites, true-crime, non-fiction, i-own-this-book, reviewed
Read in February, 2012

John E Douglas features the following cases in this book. These are the chapter titles, in American Dreams/American Nightmares he covers the three cases listed.
Jack the Ripper
"The Black Dahlia" Elizabeth Short
"Lawrencia Bembenek" 'Bambi'
'The "Boston Strangler" Albert Henry DeSalvo

The Jon Benet Ramsey Murder

Although I 'know' all these cases, I have not done much reading on them. I prefer to read about less known cases. This made this a very interesting book for me. Also it is very informative book, John Douglas has 'done the research' on these cases and presents the facts as known.

In some cases he also reports what was 'known' or published in the papers.

He explains why these cases are still so well know even today, even though some of them were over a century ago. He details mistakes in the investigations and subjects them to modern profiling. He tells us what kind of man Jack the Ripper was. Did Lizzie Borden really kill her parents? Did Bruno act alone? All the questions that people ask about these cases.

I found this book to be very informative, interesting and would recommend it to True Crime fans.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Cases That Haunt Us.