James Wheeler's Reviews > Knowing Christ Today: Why We Can Trust Spiritual Knowledge

Knowing Christ Today by Dallas Willard

Nov 12, 2012

Read in February, 2012

Willard is steaming mad at pomo, relativistic, whatever is true for you is true gooble dee goop. Especially when someone turns that radical perspectival lens on Christianity. What Christianity has is knowledge, good, stable, truthful and reliable knowledge. He deals with popular claims to the contrary, such as, religion breeds intolerance and bigotry. He smacks that down with some solid rebuttal focusing on how the claims of Christ if they are taken and actually applied as true will lead to the foundation for tolerance and open dialogue. Like the good existentialist he is he argues that there is a subjective knowing that we come to when we actually embrace his way of living--see sermon on the Mount. His point is that culture and society because of skepticism, fear, self doubt shrink from the delight of being a disciple. So i say, read this book, especially Chapter 7 on Christian pluralism, and you will not slack your way towards the kingdom, you will be covered in the dust of your master.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Knowing Christ Today.