Katy's Reviews > Strange Circumstances

Strange Circumstances by Marshall J. Stephens

Mar 03, 12

bookshelves: i-edited
Read from January 23 to 24, 2012 — I own a copy, read count: 1

Disclosure: I edited this book.

Synopsis from Goodreads: The future's a gamble. Few people know what they really want, and those that reach it often find that it isn't what they expected. Strange Circumstances is an anthology of stories exploring the predictability of fate and destiny... or rather their unpredictability.

In the twelve twisted tales and fifteen flash-fiction pieces, Strange Circumstances explores the boundaries of our universe to see what lurks in the unknown, hidden within the mysteries of science, magic, extraterrestrials, religion and the paranormal. Amid celebrities who hit their peak and vanish, a tree that grows up from the floor of a moving train car, unspeakable conspiracy, monstrous espionage, and wicked sorcery, there is something within these pages for anyone who enjoys dark tales and twists of every sort.

My Thoughts: I've loved Weston Kincaid's stuff since I read his first books, Invisible Dawn and A Life of Death. When I was offered the chance to get an early read of this one by editing it, I jumped at the chance. Weston worked with two other authors - Marshall J. Stephens and David Chrisley - to come up with the wide variety of short stories and flash fiction to be found in this terrific anthology. There is something for everyone here, stories strange and wonderful. Read it, enjoy it, love it. I know I did!
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Strange Circumstances.