Laurie's Reviews > Mornings in Jenin

Feb 20, 12

bookshelves: ebooks, my-favorites
Recommended for: Mendy and Sharon
Read from February 15 to 19, 2012

Excellent book which follows the tale of four generations of Palestinians throught the Palestinian- Israeli coflict. This story was absolutley heartwrenching so much so at times i had to put it down as it made me so sad. It is told from a Palestinian perspective which little has written with such insight into the tragedies of families torn by war. It is a story of family, values, friendships, traditions, the importance of education, home, safety, and most of all of love and loss. There was a excerpt in the book which haunts me for i know it speaks the truth. We as westerners or most of us i should say live in the safe shallow parts that rarely push human emotions into the depths faced by those whose lives are filled with the terror of war their whole lives. The anger, rage, fears, grief, sadness, and love of those affected is something we may never understand which is so very very sad to me. The passages in this novel are beautifully written and spoken with such depth. I loved this book for touching my heart so deeply.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Mornings in Jenin.