Amy A's Reviews > Darkness Devours

Darkness Devours by Keri Arthur

F_50x66
Jul 05, 12

Read from July 01 to 04, 2012

I continue to like this series more and more with each book. This book picks up with Risa searching for the 4th member of the consortium, still trying to find out her mother's killer, and waiting to hear from her father about the keys. Added to that Director Hunter wants her to investigate multiple killings happening to patrons of a certain vampire club in order to prove Risa's worth to the reast of the consul. And, yes, her life is on the line here.

There's not really much that happens with the main set-up storylines in this book. There's small progress made on getting to the 4th consortium member and there are a few little bits of information that may prove to be linked to her mother's death, but otherwise we're at a standstill. The main concentration here is finding out what is killing the vampires that frequent the vampire club and why. This book really deals with how Risa will prove useful to the doubtful members of the vampire consul.

She's really put through a lot in all the books and this one is no exception. Risa is a strong character and I like where Keri Arthur has taken her so far, and interested to see where she goes from here.

I have always been skeptical of Lucian from the beginning. It was almost too coincidental that he was there to help her in the firt book. I'm glad to see that maybe Risa is starting to question him herself.

I am excited that things with Azriel are moving along. I like the development and I like that keri Arthur decided to wait a little before these character took another step in their relationship.

I like this series and can't wait until Novemeber when Darkness Hunts is released. Until Then!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Darkness Devours.

07/02/2012 page 62