Rebecca ♥ Kishan & Warner ♥'s Reviews > Blood Lines

Blood Lines by Eileen Wilks

Feb 22, 12

bookshelves: adult, magic, paranormal, shapeshifters, romance, ebook, reviewed
Read from February 20 to 22, 2012

I preferred the focus in this book more than the last one. This one focuses on the werewolf clans again, after the previous book put more focus on demons. This one had a lot of demons too, but they had a lot of clan problems to deal with. They had to go to the clanhome of the the Leidolf clan, who are the Nokolai's enemy. Demons were summoned all over the country and attacked the heir of each werewolf clan, including Rule. A Leidolf clan member was with him at the time and died protecting him, so Rule and Lily have to go to Leidolf clanhome for a memorial, as well as the naming of the new heir because Leidolf's heir was also attacked the same night, but was not as lucky. While there, the Leidolf Rho (leader) plots against Rule. He barely escapes with his life, only to learn that while they were gone his home was attacked by a demon and his son is now in a coma. This book had a great sense of urgency.

Also, there was a new romance developing. Unfortunately there was no intamacy between Rule and Lily in this book, Eileen Wilks reserved that for Cullen and Cynna. I am not sure how I feel about them as a couple. Cullen is super hot, and I love him as a character. Cynna is cool but I dont like butch girls. I can understand Cynna has a need to connect, and Cullen is gorgeous, but I dont know if Cullen really sees anything in her, or if she is just convenient. Although he could have anyone, so that doesnt make sense, but it still come off that way. I just dont get the impression that they really care for each other. But I guess I will learn more in the next book. Their relationship will be inevitably explored more. As will Lily's grandmother! The book ended with a huge reveal that I am looking forward to learning more about!
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blood Lines.