Taryn Elliott's Reviews > The Marriage Bargain

The Marriage Bargain by Jennifer Probst

Mar 12, 2012

bookshelves: entangled, to-read, hot, tears
Read from February 21 to March 12, 2012

I really enjoyed this book. The strong, unloved hero and the open, loving foil to all his best laid plans. Nick doesn't want to love anyone. Doesn't want to open himself up to the hurt he felt as a child when his cold and selfish parents. But throughout the story we learn, as Nick does, that your past doesn't have to control your future.

Alexa's got a lot of pride to go with that open heart but a past with Nick as a girl colors the way she deals with him. And again, we have a character that has to learn to let go of her past to embrace a man and love that will outweigh her fears.

It was a lovely ride, rich in texture and emotion. And man alive can Mz. Probst write a love scene! Whew! But it suits the couple and moves the story through a few bits that might have started to drag. Add in the most mangy and sad dog and the damn author got me tearing up through the ending with a sigh at my HEA.

I can't wait for her friend and Nick's sister, Maggie's story. It's going to be a real trip.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Marriage Bargain.

message 1: by Anum (new) - added it

Anum hey will u plz tell me from where could i read this novel "the marriage bargain"
on my browser

message 2: by Taryn (new) - added it

Taryn Elliott Anum wrote: "hey will u plz tell me from where could i read this novel "the marriage bargain"
on my browser"

You can buy it from amazon and read it from the cloud app.